Auto Parts Storekeeper
Final Filing Date: Friday, May 22, 2020
The County of Monterey Fleet Management Division invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Storekeeper. The Fleet Division seeks to provide safe, serviceable, and competitively priced vehicles and equipment in a timely manner using cost-effective, efficient, and high quality services to County departments and agencies.
Under general supervision the Storekeeper will participate in the requisition, receipt, storage and delivery of records, equipment, materials and supplies in a County stores facility.
This classification is part of a flexible series. Incumbents appointed at the lower level of the career series may be promoted up to the higher level of the career series subject to their meeting the employment standards for the higher class and a recommendation for their promotion by the appointing authority in accordance with the Flexible Staffing Program and Guidelines.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies on a regular full-time, part-time, or temporary basis.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Participates in the operation of the County Fleet stores facility, including requisitioning online and by phone, receiving, inventorying and issuing parts and supplies.
- Requisitions parts and supplies to meet shop demand and adequately stock inventory; requisition special items as requested.
- Receives and inspects parts and supplies to meet shop demand and adequately stock inventory; requisition special items as requested.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working knowledge of: Methods used in the receipt, storage, and issuance or delivery of a wide variety of goods including automotive and heavy equipment parts and supplies, inventory systems, vendor and customer relations.
Skill and Ability to:
Keep pace with real time demand and future supply requirements, keep accurate records and exercise control over store inventories; establish and maintain cooperative relationships with employees, vendors and customers in the course of work; understand and carry out written and oral directions, lift and otherwise physically handle or move heavy or bulky objects
A typical way to acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above is:
A combination of education, training and experience equivalent to six (6) months of experience as a stock clerk or warehouse worker.
Some Knowledge of: operating a forklift and other materials handling equipment used in a store facility.
Additional Information WORKING CONDITIONS
Uses safety equipment (Safety glasses, respirator, ear plugs, gloves, etc)
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment, the incumbent will be required to:
- Possess a valid California Class C Driver's License.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
- The selection process is tentative and applicants will be notified if changes are made.
- The competitive process includes submittal of required application materials: a completed Monterey County Application, resume and responses to the Supplemental Questions.
- For a guaranteed review, all application materials must be received in the Human Resources Office by Friday, May 22, 2020.
- Applicants who fail to complete the required materials will not be considered for this position. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials.
- Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be the most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the selection process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance examination, and/or written examination.
Veterans and their widows/ers who within the past five years have served on active duty for 30 or more days in a 1) national or State military emergency or 2) military expedition for which a medal was authorized, may be eligible for Veterans' Preference Points. To apply, veterans must submit an "Application for Veterans' Preference" with their application materials by the final filing date.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package that includes 23 days of paid time off, 10 holidays/year; health, dental, vision, life insurance, and CALPERS retirement.
This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevail over this listing.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your rate of pay will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed in the summary.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following required materials:
- County of Monterey Employment Application
- Response to supplemental questionnaire
Or APPLY ON-LINE at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montereycounty/default.cfm
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM AND SUBMITTED TO:
County of Monterey, Human Resources
Attn: Ginger Ramirez, Associate Human Resources Analyst
168 West Alisal Street, 3rd Floor
Salinas, CA 93901
Phone: (831) 759-6723
SPECIAL NOTES: This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. Exact benefits are listed in the Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or benefits summary sheet and prevail. If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call Monterey County Human Resources (831) 759-6723. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above
Closing Date/Time: 5/22/2020 11:59 PM Pacific