Business Technology Analyst III
An Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Invites your interest for the position of
Business Technology Analyst III
$6,767 - $9,241 monthly
Open Date: August 30, 2021
Final Filing Date: September 24, 2021 Exam #21/16C88/08LPC
Summary of Position
The Monterey County Health Department, Administration Bureau is seeking for an individual with extensive experience in identifying and defining opportunities and strategies to evaluate, develop and implement information technology solutions to maximize department efficiency and incorporate automation.
The Business Technology Analyst III (BTA III) position will analyze current and future departmental business needs and problems in relation to information technology solutions as well as participate as a resource on multi-disciplinary terms for Health and health related projects involving implementation of technology solutions. The BTA III will analyze and document technology solutions and ensure that necessary plans and resources exist to smoothly transition current business processes into newly automated or updated solutions.
The position assignments may include the assumption of a proprietorship role for departmental systems including planning for the effective and efficient acquisition, administration, operation, use, maintenance, technical support, and ultimate disposition of Departmental information systems in conformance with adopted County information technology principles, policies, strategies and technical architecture directions; answering user questions and providing one-on-one instruction; writing procedures for user manuals and technical manuals; and working with Information Technology to ensure systems and programs meet the highest standards of internal control and fraud protection.
The appointee will apply strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal while participating in multi-disciplinary project teams as a resource working cross functionally within the Department and across the County on projects related to data exchange and/or technology projects that support integrated data exchange.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment process will be used to fill current and future vacancies, both regular full-time, part-time, or temporary basis County wide.
Examples of Duties
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Thorough Knowledge of:
- The uses and limitations of micro, mini computer applications.
- The principles and methods of automated records systems management.
- The principles and techniques of automated information entry, storage, retrieval, and analysis/reporting.
- The principles of systems and procedures analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of Health-related data analysis needs with Health data security and access control factored into all activities related to PHI.
Some Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of public and/or business administration related to Health Information Exchange.
- Principles and techniques of project analysis.
- County adopted information technology principles, policies, strategies, and technical architecture statements of direction.
Skills and Ability to:
- Communicate with departmental personnel not familiar with data processing and translate their needs into automated office system requirements. Effectively present technical information.
- Analyze basic business problems and develop office automation methodologies.
- Develop a solid understanding of departmental business process and technology requirements.
- Read and interpret a variety of technical manuals and instructions designed for automated applications.
- Prioritize and meet project timelines.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including writing clear, concise and detailed instruction, procedures and reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Exercise good judgement, decisiveness and creativity.
- Consistently apply the Monterey County values of respect, innovation, customer service and honesty.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Customer service orientation
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
Effective written & verbal communication skills
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
Completion of all coursework leading to a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Computer Science, Office Automation or closely related field
Three years of experience analyzing business processes and information systems.
Conditions of Employment:
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during times of disaster or emergency.
- Successfully pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority with the ability to be bonded. The Health Department will conduct thorough background and reference checks which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check. The Applicant will be required to execute a consent and waiver for the background investigation.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
For a complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at:
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
TO APPLY : Submit the following to theMonterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906 by the final filing date of September 24, 2021.
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions
Or apply on-line at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty
Resumes may be submitted in addition to, but will not be accepted in lieu of, required application materials.
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4519.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly, and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed below.
On July 30, 2021 the County of Monterey Board of Supervisors took action to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for all employees to include new hires. The vaccination requirement is in accordance with Section 25 of the County of Monterey Emergency Response Manual and COVID-19 Prevention Program Link . Applicants who accept employment with the County of Monterey, will be required to be fully vaccinated. However, individuals may request medical or religious exemptions and will be required to complete the appropriate request and certification forms for review and approval no later than their start date. Medical / Religion .
The County offers an excellent benefits package (J Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or "J" MOU prevails over this listing.
See J bargaining unit Benefit Summary Sheet for more information: https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showpublisheddocument/99630/637490872747330000 .
Closing Date/Time: 9/24/2021 11:59 PM Pacific