Director, Human Resources
Job Summary: This is the HR leadership position for the DBG. Position leads the broad scope of the human resources functions including: Recruiting, Training, Engagement and Diversity Initiatives, Legal Compliance, Career Development, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Corrective Action, and Employee transitions. Position is a member of the leadership team and manages a staff.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Compensation - $110,00 - $130,000 - Annually
Education/Experience: A minimum five years demonstrating progressive responsibility as an HR generalist; three of those years should have been in a supervisory or quasi-supervisory role. Professional development course, certifications and accreditations advantageous. PHR or SPHR preferred. Strong background in developing HR policies, procedures, recruiting selection and hiring required. Knowledge of employment law, HRIS, organization development and training principles and practices. Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft office products and HR database software and standard office equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the HR function for the DBG as a strategic business partner for the leadership team while being an approachable resource for all employees. Responsible for building strong relationships with employees at all levels to resolve problems and build solutions that help move the Gardens function forward progressively and effectively.
- Develop and deliver training to managers and other employees on various training topics related to HR and leadership themes, ensuring consistent career and skill development in key areas identified by the team.
- Administers, interprets, and develops policies and programs encompassing recruitment, interviewing, hiring, wage and salary, records, reports, training, EEO, benefits and various other services in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Responsible for salary recommendations for equity and annual salary performance and salary reviews.
- Oversees all recordkeeping.
- Resolves employment related issues and collaborates with all outside agencies on legal matters.
- Supervises Human Resources department staff.
- Oversees recruiting and selection process, including working with others in determining and planning staffing needs, and coordinating hiring process with Recruiter.
- Counsels employees and managers in matters related to problem resolution, transfers, promotions, upgrades, corrective actions and terminations.
- Conducts or assists in investigation, preparation and development of employee relations issues and practices, working with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Oversees administration of employee benefits to include health, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, 403(b) and COBRA. Manages relationships with vendors to research options and recommend appropriate changes.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Monitors the content and uniformity of all job descriptions.
- Manages HR budget and monitors variances.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in field, apply appropriate changes.
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Denver Botanic Gardens visitors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Effective immediately, Denver Botanic Gardens will require new employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or request a variance for medical or religious reasons (please contact Human Resources for the necessary forms if you wish to apply for an exemption). Please provide proof of your vaccination to orientation.