Director of Human Resources
Job Code: 10245
Location: West Chester, PA
School Brand: Home Office
City: West Chester
School State: PA
West Chester, Pennsylvania
The Director of Human Resources serves as the employee relations content expert and strategic business partner for the regions of Spring Education Group it is designated to support. As a key manager, this position partners with Regional Managers, Executive Directors, Principals and school-based managers to provide both strategic and tactical support in multiple HR function areas with a focus on employee relations and performance management. This position supervises the HR Business Partners in the support of their assigned region(s).
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Partner with various levels of management including Regional Managers, Executive Directors, Principals, Directors, and school-based managers to provide HR-related needs including but not limited to: employee relations, performance management, employment-related compliance and general administration.
- Partner with school-based leadership, the legal department, and the Vice President of Human Resources to prevent employment related legal claims and to respond to them when they occur by conducting the appropriate internal investigation, preparing reports to management, responding to federal and state agencies (i.e. EEOC, HRC, DOL, etc.).
- Recommends and implements various corporate policies, procedures and programs impacting Human Resources issues. Implements Human Resources policies and procedures both within specific regions and nationwide
- Conducts employee relations audits. Recommends and assists in the implementation of initiatives to improve employee morale and retention.
- Supervise a team of HR Business Partners in the support of their assigned regions(s) with an emphasis on employee relations.
- Via research and analysis, monitor various compliance programs (i.e. minimum wage, paid sick leave, EEO1, Workers' Comp, OSHA, etc.) timely and accurately.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent required; Master's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of Human Resources Generalist experience to include emphasis on employee relations, employment law, and performance management.
- 3-5 years of staff supervision, preferably with both exempt and non-exempt staff.
- 3-5 years' multi-site and/or virtual management experience.
- PHR or SPHR and/or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.