Executive Director of Human Resources
Direct the District's Employee Services Department and Labor Relations and Benefits Department. Perform the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position serves on the Superintendent's Cabinet.
Salary: $147,475 and up, DOQ, plus excellent benefits package including up to 10% annual performance pay.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Planning
- Research, develop, and implement workplace efficiencies for the departments overseen and their employees to maintain effective service-based departments.
- Assess the effectiveness of current operations and improvements.
- Recommend and oversee changes in procedures to improve effectiveness and service.
- Facilitate ongoing collaboration between district employees and departments.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in areas of oversight to support the mission and goals of the District.
- Assure compliance with laws and District policies in areas of oversight.
- Provide recommendations to the School Board for planning in the provision of services.
- Serve on national, state, and local committees as a representative of the District and attend meetings in furtherance of the District's mission.
Labor Relations and Benefits and Employee Services
- Provide assistance to department administrators in the assumption of general administrative responsibility within their departments.
- As directed by Superintendent, participate in the negotiating team for labor agreements and interpreting agreement language.
- Serve as Minnesota Government Data Practices Act Responsible Authority Designee.
Legal Compliance and Counsel
- As directed by Superintendent, provide support to general counsel.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Advise the Superintendent of areas of oversight.
- Prepare, recommend, and monitor program budgets for the allocation of resources in the areas of oversight.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as the Superintendent may assign.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervise the Director of Employee Services and the Director of Labor Relations and Benefits, and indirectly supervise their employees. Has responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and supervision of these employees in accordance with District policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Juris Doctor Degree required.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Education Administration or related area.
- Requires ten years related experience, preferably in an educational setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of laws effecting school districts.
- Knowledge of human resources and labor relations management.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication to a diverse audience.
- Skilled in problem analysis, data collection, and problem solving.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from administrators, employees, students, general public, and School Board.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from administrators, employees, students, general public, and School Board.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written documents.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance, which includes completing an assigned day, and attending evening and weekend obligations
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in above areas preferred. Minnesota Attorney License; Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) is preferred.