Human Resources Analyst
The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly 100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District's core values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality, teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are provided.
Administrative (Human Resources)
Online application will be accepted until 11:59 p.m Friday, May 7, 2021
(Submit application, resume and supplemental questionnaire for consideration)
Under general direction of the Human Resources Management Team, the Human Resources Analyst position is responsible for performing a variety of professional human resource functions including: recruitment and selection, compensation and classification, benefits administration, training and development and provide analytical support to District management and supervisory staff. Responsibilities also include maintaining effective relationships with employees, management, union representatives, and contract entities. Position works with considerable initiative and independence and handles confidential information.
The District currently has vacancy in Recruitment and Employee Services. An eligibility list will be established to fill future vacancies in the areas of Employee Services, Classification and Compensation, Employee Relations, and Training and Development. Selected candidates will be screened, interviewed and hired based on successfully demonstrating required knowledge, skills and abilities for each position.
Note: The following functions are typical of this classifcation. Incumbents will perform duties that are applicable to the assignment areas of responsibilities. A detailed job description will be provided at the time of departmental interview.
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Industrial Psychology, and/or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of full-time progressively responsible professional level in a human resources program, preferably in the public sector.
- HR Certifications such as PHR/SPHR/IPMA preferred.
- Be highly analytical, detail oriented, and able to present recommendations and solutions to solve every day human resources business problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to advise employees and management on applicable policies and policies
- Understanding public sector classification and compensation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Design, plan, and implement recruitment strategies and programs for professional, technical, managerial, administrative and bargaining unit positions.
- Ensure that employment laws, union agreements, classification, policies, and fair and consistent employment practices are followed.
- Consult with hiring managers to obtain input on recruitment needs, selection methods, and examination content.
- Research and develop recruitment sources appropriate to the job posting and consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) practices.
- Conduct position classification and compensation studies and audits; prepare new or revised class description; collect and analyze compensation and benefit data; make recommendation of findings.
- Administer District's benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, deferred compensation, wellness, short- and long-term disability; responds to employee and retiree questions and complaints; interfaces with third-party administrators to resolve claims appeals and provide guidance in policy interpretation and plan documents.
- Research, analyze, and recommend changes in benefit program design and contract provisions.
- Coordinate the District Employee Development training activities, including identifying training needs, arranging for internal/external training facilitators, working with trainer to ensure the District's needs and expectations are addressed, secure training sites, develop memo and flyers, and providing visual aids and other materials as necessary; assess and evaluate training, and maintain training database.
- Administer the Merit-Based Performance Management program; including making coaching and counseling; and develop training materials to assist employee and managers to achieve professional and personal career growth; act as the EmPerform System administrator providing training and resolving technical front-end user issues.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Research, compile, analyze and evaluate general statistical information regarding benefit administration, talent development process, and other human resources practices.
- Assist and/or develop, and revise District policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts studies and projects related to human resources functional areas.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to develop and update position descriptions, identify essential functions and duties, establish minimum qualifications, and develop interview questions.
- Create job opportunity announcements. Work with an advertising agency to place recruitment outreach. Screen resumes and applications for completeness and qualifications.
- Coordinate and facilitate panel interview process. Assist with training of interview panelists to ensure fair recruitment and selection process.
- Make offers of employment to successful candidates. Inform unsuccessful candidates of the selection outcome.
- Update and maintain the applicant tracking system and provide functional support to users.
- Administration of the District's On-Call Temporary staffing program.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one's self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
- To apply, please visit the www.smctd.com/jobs.html. Complete an online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by 11:59 pm on Friday May 7, 2021. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308.
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encourage to apply.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The selection process may consist of an evaluation of the applicant's qualifications, review of the supplemental questionnaires, panel interview, practical exercise and/or internal Department interviews. Upon completion of the selection process, an offer of employment may be conditionally based upon the successful completion of employment and education verification and criminal background check.
$31.93 - $48.77 hourly ($66,432 - $101,441 estimated annual)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
For additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit, https://www.smctd.com/jobs.html#benefits
Holidays: Seven paid holidays, plus up to four floating holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 21 days (PTO) per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance and more
Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified dependents
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS)
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation