Human Resources Analyst II
We are currently seeking to fill a Human Resources Analyst II position. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organization that values openness, caring and integrity; where you will serve as a strategic business partner. The Human Resources Department provides leadership, expertise, support, and guidance through the divisions of Benefits Administration, Employee and Labor Relations, Organizational Health, Recruitment and Selection, and Workplace Safety.
The ideal candidate will be a human resources professional who demonstrates a track record of establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and the ability to address human resources matters strategically, judiciously, and empathetically. You will independently lead and manage cross-departmental projects, provide crucial analysis to assist the department in delivering services to the organization, and display confidence working with executive and senior staff.
In addition to your qualifications, you will have experience demonstrating the following:
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skill or knowledge in various HR-related areas ; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; using knowledge to accomplish results and achieve organizational (or departmental goals).
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Data Driven - Utilizing data to diagnose strengths and weaknesses and identify the implications for potential strategies; keeping a perspective at the forefront when making strategic decisions and recommendations.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Planning & Organizing - Establishing an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and using resources.
- Critical Analysis - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
- Political Savvy - Exhibiting confidence and professional tact while relating to people at various levels, internally and externally.
- Authenticity - Gaining other people's trust by demonstrating openness and integrity, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines.
- Emotional Intelligence - Establishing and sustaining relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; using insights to handle own responses so that one's behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
We invite you to apply today and consider joining a team who works to benefit not only the employees of our organization but the community we serve! This recruitment and examination are being conducted to fill a Human Resources Analyst II vacancy. An eligible list of candidates will be established, and the successful candidate may be placed in any of the program areas referenced above. For a full, detailed class specification, click here .
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Human Resources Analyst II
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources, Business, or Public Administration or a closely related field.
Experience: Two (2) years professional human resources administration experience performing duties similar to a Human Resources Analyst I with the City.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession and maintenance of a valid Class C California Driver's License.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD : One (1) Year
Candidates must submit a completed City of Hayward job application, and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, which fully describe the nature of their professional experience and qualifications. Applications submitted without all required materials will not be considered.
Based on the information provided, those best qualified may be invited to the next phase of the process, which may include an oral, practical, and/or written examination.
The examination process will result in a ranked eligible register of candidates for hiring consideration by the department. Actual hire depends on success in the departmental selection process.
Candidates under final consideration for employment with the City should expect to undergo an employment background/reference check that may include, but is not limited to: employment history, confirmation of educational credentials and degrees, licenses including driver's license, registrations, certificates, and other credentials as part of the appointment process. Some positions, depending on the nature of the work, also require a credit check and a review of Summary Criminal History obtained from the State Department of Justice through Live Scan Fingerprinting.
Applicants will be notified electronically via Government Jobs as to their status in the selection process. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they can receive email notice from Neogov/Government Jobs and the City of Hayward.
Candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.hayward-ca.gov under the Current Vacancies tab or at www.GovernmentJobs.com. Paper applications can be obtained by visiting the Human Resources Department at Hayward City Hall located at 777 B Street, Hayward, CA 94541. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least one (1) hour to submit your application if you are a new user to the system. Our on-line application system is provided by Government Jobs. If you have problems while applying online, please contact the Government Jobs Help Desk at (855) 524-5627.
Date Of Examination:
Written Exam - Week of April 19
Supplemental Questionnaire Review and/ or Oral Exam - Week of May 10
The City of Hayward reserves the right to modify the selection process as necessary to conform to administrative or business necessity.
The City of Hayward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing Date/Time: 4/12/2021 5:00 PM Pacific