Human Resources Analyst Trainee
Pre-posted for viewing Wednesday, April 28, 2021 through Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Applications will only be accepted online beginning at 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 5, 2021 until 350 applications are received.
The County of San Bernardino seeks dynamic, creative and innovative individuals with strong analytical skills looking to start their career as HR professionals.
Opportunity to automatically promote to HRA I (Up to $162,571 in total compensation*)
upon successful completion of trainee period.
PLUS FUTURE SALARY INCREASES
3.0% Effective July 31, 2021
3.0% Effective July 30, 2022
*Total compensation depends upon selected benefit options.
Under close supervision, Human Resources Analysts Trainees provide professional level HR support in one or more of the following functional areas: recruitment and selection; classification and compensation; benefits administration; equal employment opportunity; and modified duty coordination. There are IMMEDIATE vacancies in several functional areas within HR. The resulting eligible list will be used to fill the immediate vacancies and future vacancies as they occur.
Depending on assignment, essential duties include:
- Managing full cycle recruitment and selection processes, including conducting job analysis; planning and managing recruitments; developing job announcements and advertising plans, promotion on social media, local, regional, and national job boards as appropriate; sourcing and engaging talent; evaluating applicant qualifications for employment; developing minimum requirements and predictive selection instruments; Ensuring effective communication with applicants throughout the recruitment process; creating a positive applicant experience to maintain engagement and minimize drop-off; Reviewing employment practices to increase efficiency while ensuring compliance with internal policies and external laws and regulations; Working with managers and assigned client groups to provide guidance, proactively manage problems, and resolve complaints; responding to various human resources inquiries from departments and the public as needed.
- Conducting classification studies of new and existing positions; performing job analysis to establish new classifications; developing/revising class specifications; conducting compensation studies and salary surveys; making salary recommendations for new classifications; conducting total compensation surveys and research in support of negotiation processes; conducting organizational studies, analyzing organizational structures, and making recommendations on organizational realignment.
- Developing, reviewing, and coordinating comprehensive employee benefits programs and plans; developing and coordinating Requests for Proposals (RFPs); researching and preparing specifications and evaluating bids; interpreting and monitoring vendor contracts to resolve complex contractual issues and ensure compliance and/or performance; developing a variety of employee benefits materials and conducting informational presentations to employee groups.
- Responding to and investigating complaints of employment discrimination and harassment; conducting in-depth interviews, gathering and evaluating information, determining facts, preparing reports, and making recommendations; researching, interpreting, developing, and providing countywide presentations and trainings on relevant legislation, policies, and procedures; supporting the County's Equal Opportunity Commission; making presentations to new employees, other formal bodies, and the public.
- Employee relations/modified duty coordination, including conducting Interactive Accommodation Process (IAP) meetings; implementing temporary assignments; modifying jobs to accommodate occupational and non-occupational employee injuries/illnesses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check: Prior to appointment, applicants must pass a background investigation, which includes fingerprinting, credit check (if applicable), and/or medical exam, which may include drug and/or TB testing. Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent U.S. resident. Travel: Travel throughout the County is required. Employees may be required to make provision for transportation (mileage reimbursement is available at current IRS rates). A valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be maintained for the individual providing the transportation. Promotion: Incumbents in the class of Human Resources Analyst Trainee are eligible for promotion to Human Resources Analyst I ( $5,614.27 - $7,645.73 monthly) upon meeting the minimum qualifications for Human Resources Analyst I and upon receipt of a satisfactory work progress report. Incumbents must be promoted within 12 months of hire, or employment will be terminated.
NOTE : We are also accepting applications for Human Resources Analyst I ; a separate application is required for interested applicants.
Remain current with employment opportunities by signing up for "New Job Notifications" at our career website: www.sbcounty.gov/jobs
Option 1: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Science, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Communications/Marketing or a closely related field.
Option 2: Candidates possessing experience as a Personnel Technician for San Bernardino County Human Resources may substitute experience for education on a two (2) for one (1) basis up to a maximum of four (4) years of experience for two (2) years of education. Applicants applying under this option must possess an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university, which includes at least 15 semester (23 quarter) units of coursework in the qualifying degree areas stated above in option 1.
Qualifying experience for option 2 must include responsibility for performing job duties in one or more of the following areas: recruitment/selection (conducting recruitments, developing job announcements; evaluating applicant qualifications; and researching advertising sources and placing ads); classification/compensation (researching and responding to salary/benefits surveys, updating class specification, and reviewing routine requests); benefits administration (researching, interpreting, explaining and applying state, federal or other benefits related regulations, policies and procedures, researching and developing request for informal bids; and researching and responding to benefits related surveys); equal employment opportunity (complaint intake, assist in researching responses to DFEH or EEOC complaints, and supporting EEO commission).
The Ideal Candidate will exceed in the following:
- Experience supporting HR functions in the areas of recruitment/selection, classification and compensation, benefits administraion, equal employment opportunity or employee relations/modified duty coordination for a government agency's HR department.
- Be eager to learn, take on new challenges and not afraid to ask questions.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and ability to work cooperatively with peers and clients.
- Possess outstanding analytical skills and be an innovative problem solver with the imagination and common sense to come up with solutions that are both creative and practical.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to take initiative, adapt, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, advanced computer skills, including MS Office and publishing software and experience using multiple social media platforms.
There will be a proctored online assessment of knowledge and skills, which may consist of the following areas:
- Personal Effectiveness and Interpersonal Communication
- Human Resources Concepts
- Written Communication
- Analysis and Attention to Detail for Decision-Making
Details of the online assessment process will be emailed once the recruitment has closed. All communications regarding the remainder of the selection process will be via email . Be sure the email provided on this application is always current; it is your responsibility to update your personal information. Update your Spam, Junk, Bulk and Firewall settings as needed to ensure that you receive all information pertaining to this recruitment. Be sure to provide an email address that you check frequently and that will not spam/block/filter communications from email addresses with the following domain email@example.com.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before 350 applications have been received . Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous