Human Resources Assistant
Summary : Provides administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer. Compiles and records employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked production and commissions. May compute and post wages and deductions or prepare paychecks.
The position is part time working 15-20 hours/per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts benefit enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current and terminated files.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Reconciles all benefit monthly statements and brings any irregularities to HR Director.
- Provides support with recruitment efforts; schedules interviews with managers; assists with references; prepares on-boarding documents; conducts orientations.
- Prepares staff badges by taking pictures and submitting them to vendor; ensure that all employees receive their badge.
- Handles all employee and organizational information confidentially.
- Updates HR census spreadsheet with employee changes and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists Chief HR Officer and Chief Clinical Officer with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
- Makes photocopies, faxes document and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Enters biweekly payroll information and adjustments into the system to guarantee payroll occurs accurately, timely, and smoothly.
- Poll electronic time cards and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Process weekly transfer of payroll data to Payroll Company.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
- Creates reports as needed from payroll system.
- Trains all new hires on payroll system to ensure understanding of time card, PTO usage, etc
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Two years of Human Resources and Payroll experience
- Experience providing excellent customer service to clients/employees.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and other data analysis tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with patients, vendors, clinic staff, insurance payers, and other business contacts.