Human Resources Assistant (Temporary Casual)
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
- High school dipoma/GED with one year of related experience
- Working knowledge of basic office systems (filing, word processing including Word and Excel)
- Experience handling confidential and time-sensitive materials and strong organization skills
- Proven ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software
- Demonstrate success in creating a welcoming environment while maintaining professional demeanor in academic setting
- Demonstrate high level attention to detail
- Skills in using Microsoft Excel and/or spreadsheet or report pulling and processing
- Reliable and dependable
- Good communications skills, including writing, phone, language skills
- Ability to work independently on small projects and meet deadlines
- Patience with mundane office tasks such as filing
- PeopleSoft experience
- Perceptive Content (electronic filing)
- HRIR, HRD or related major or an interest in Human Resources or related field
About the Job
This position will provide support for the School of Dentistry Human Resources office team. Tasks will vary but a high level of confidentiality is required of this position. The ideal candidate will be positive and friendly, able to maintain confidentiality and privacy, have great attention to detail and have skills and abilities (or be able to obtain them quickly) with pulling and accessing of reports mainly in excel, google doc .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upkeep School of Dentistry Intranet and Mail Code Directory
- Job posting emails
- 5xxx jobs on Mondays
- Pulling posting from last two weeks every other Wednesday
- Perceptive Content filing (electronic filing)
- Greets and assists visitors, faculty, staff and students
- Pull staff and faculty reports as needed
- HRTS4 reports
- PeopleSoft Entry
- Maintaining personal information in PeopleSoft entering campus office locations addresses/phone numbers.
- Affiliate extension and end dates
- Adjunct additional pay panel updates and rosters
- Assist with entering and answering questions regarding new hire paperwork processing ( I-9's entries)
- Creating and send affiliate letters and volunteer agreements
- Support in preparing documents or packets as needed in the area.
- Filing of confidential paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- May be assigned projects requiring creation or maintenance of spreadsheets with an ability to interpret data
Other related duties as assigned
Type of position: Temp/Casual, working 14 hours or less. The starting pay for this position is $16.98
About the Department
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is the state's only dental school and the only dental school in the northern tier of states between Wisconsin and the Pacific Northwest. We are a regional resource to five states for dental education, consulting services, patient treatment, and ongoing continuing dental education.
The School of Dentistry educates general dentists, dental specialists, dental therapists, dental hygienists, dental educators and research-scientists. For more than two decades, we've offered specialty training in six ADA-recognized specialties: Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics and Prosthodontics.
We also offer an advanced education program in TMD and orofacial pain, oral biology, dental hygiene, and oral health for older adults.
Dentists who are graduates of dental schools outside of the United States and Canada wishing to practice in the United States train here, as well. A novel, interdisciplinary Dentist-Scientist Training Program rounds out our educational offerings.
Our work affects nearly every person in Minnesota. We educate 73% of the state's practicing dentists , 68% of Minnesota's licensed dental therapists, and 49% of its dental hygiene educators. Our researchers develop and test dental materials used by every dentist in the state and around the orld.
Our students and faculty treat patients: 105,260 patient-visits each year in our Twin Cities' campus clinics and 48,700 in outreach sites located in underserved communities throughout the state. We provide continuing dental education for 7,100 practicing dental professionals each year.
For more information, please visit our website, https://www.dentistry.umn.edu .
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.