Human Resources Generalist
Posting Detail Information
Job Title Human Resources Generalist Job Summary
Under moderate supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR Director.
• Human Resource Systems (i.e. HRIS): Serve as the primary contact and administrator of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and provide technical support to faculty, staff, and student employees in the use of technology. Continuously monitor system performance and identify processes that need improvement, outline appropriate solutions, and implement changes.
• Performance Management: Works with managers on managing the program and tracking performance management actions.
• Policy: Explain and provide information on employee benefits and policies. Identify ways to improve policies and procedures. Assist in the communication, interpretation, and maintenance of employee handbooks. First point of contact for management, faculty, and staff for guidance on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
• Claims Administration: Reporting of worker's compensation and unemployment claims.
• Recruitment: Collaborating with hiring managers to fill vacancies by posting job advertisements in appropriate print and online resources. Process student employment applications, and verify eligibility for employment.
• Onboarding: Handle all administrative tasks for full cycle employment, including onboarding, new hire orientation, collecting employment paperwork, auditing for accuracy and compliance, and facilitating the exit process.
• Training: Administer and monitor mandatory employee training programs for new and existing employees.
• Project Management: Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
• Professional Development: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
• Administrative: Maintain office files, including electronic filing system, ensuring proper filing, confidentiality of information and systems, efficient operations, and updated databases. Provide employment verification for financial institutions and prospective employers: ensure proper release of information forms have been submitted and approved.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field and three years' experience in Human Resources or the equivalent year for year combination of education and experience is preferred. Demonstrated understanding of data processing, information systems, and employment laws required. Ability to communicate in oral and written forms. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Proven ability in management skills in conflict resolution. Experience in Ellucian product preferred. Understand and proficient in CCC standard technology to continuously improve Human Resources.
Requires frequent and continuous sitting/moving about, continuous use of fine motor skills, and pushing and pulling of up to 20 lbs.
Must be available to work 40 hrs. per week with normal work hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary Grade SU 8 Salary $15.97
Posting Number P001591 Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date 06/08/2020 Open Date 05/06/2020 Close Date
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (Unofficial Accepted)
- Letter of Recommendation