Human Resources Manager Exeter
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for developing, communicating and implementing philosophies, strategies, programs, and approaches directed to achieve optimum utilization of Human Resources. This includes employee relations, labor relations and union interface, compensation administration, employee performance/ competency evaluations, recruiting, training, communications, safety and health and compliance with all legal, regulatory and corporate requirements. The HR Manager is responsible for oversight and implementation of divisional human resource functions for a diverse group of salaried and hourly employees in a wide variety of job classifications. The HR Manager will be detail-oriented team player with a proven ability to make sound judgments, who can function in a high paced environment. A key asset will be the ability to work efficiently while juggling multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Reports directly to upper Management. Works closely with the Division management team, Corporate HR, In-house legal and manages one or more HR Generalists. Must develop and maintain professional relations with Union Business representatives.
- Partner with Corporate HR and other HR Managers to provide and develop the human resource capabilities to achieve business success.
- Administer recruiting, interviewing, testing, and selection of employees to fill vacant positions.
- Oversee new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Oversee records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinate management training in (but not limited to) interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and compliance.
- Manage employee and labor relations, including relations with union business representatives.
- Understand and apply employer and employee rights under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Resolve union grievances in coordination with In-house legal counsel.
- Problem solve to resolve employee relations issues.
- Serve as a professional resource to both management and employees regarding human resource issues.
- Assist in accident investigation and prepare reports for insurance carrier. Oversee safety processes. Responsible for worker's compensation and accident administration.
- Prepare budget of human resources operations.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Have basic understanding of labor and employment laws and regulations related to the Division.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal, state and city requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records and representing the organization at select hearings (such as unemployment hearings).
- Must adhere to company Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special skills and training:
- Bachelor's degree plus 7+ years' experience in the human resource profession, or the equivalent in work experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years as a Human Resources Manager.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce as a Human Resources Manager is required.
- Food Manufacturing and/or distribution experience is preferred.
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification is required.
- Kronos experience preferred.
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization.
- Effective communication skills - written, verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at a time.
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is required.
- Union Experience is required.
- Experience with Management Business Objectives (MBO) or other team building/reporting systems.
- Work hours will require at times to be on site during day, graveyard and night shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is generally conducted in an office environment.
Central California Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityPI120240244