Human Resources Sr Project Management Coordinator
Job ID: R-88758
Location: West Greenwich, RI, US 02817
The Human Resources Senior Project Management Coordinator - Employment Branding will be responsible for providing human resources support on multiple projects related to Amgen's regional brand awareness, best place for talent initiatives and diversity and inclusion strategies.
The position will report to the Director of Human Resources and is based at Amgen Rhode Island's manufacturing facility.
20-25%domestic travel for regional and national recruitment fairs, college info sessions and othercompany branding, conference and/or recruitment events.
- Helps to build Amgen brand at local/regional educational institutions by conducting outreach and building relationships with target schools, their career center leadership, school administration teams and student organizations
- Partners with corporate Talent Acquisition and University Relations teams to plan and execute relevant talent initiatives such as organizing multi-state college and university fall and spring career fairs
- Manages state sponsoredhigh school internship program and outreach to regional high schools to build Amgen brand with local and students, educators and school administrators
- Provides support for Amgen's Rotational program
- Manages technical trade school co-op program in partnership with our hiring managers and trade school administrators
- Ensures that hiring managers have all the tools and resources they need to represent Amgen at recruitment events
- Manages orientation and team building events for high school andcollege interns within budget guidelines
- Collaborates with HR leaders, hiring managers and site leadership team to support best place for talent (BPFT) and diversityand inclusion internal and external initiatives
- Prepares internal HR communications and leverages site communication platforms such as intranet, site TV screens, Yammer; partner with corporate branding and site Communications
- Partners with Corporate Learning & Development to organize and communicate career development trainings and initiatives
- Creates and maintains talent data/metrics for all programs related to talent recruitment and development
- Supports external partnerships to build Amgen brand with local external organizations
- Support onboarding process
- Assist with other site related talent projects or initiatives
Associate's degree and 4 years of project management and/or human resources experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of project management and/or human resources experience
- Associates degree
- 3+ years project coordination with 2+ years' experience supporting human resources initiatives and/or college recruitment
- Highly proficient in Workday HR system
- Strong understanding of university recruitment cycle and established partnerships with university relations and local educational institutions
- Excellent event planning and execution skills
- Contribute to process improvement in a continuous improvement environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and File sharing software (Box)
- Strong organization skills to deliver on multiple projects, especially related to time sensitive recruitment initiatives
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to build foundational relationships with students, internal partners and external agencies/institutions
- Customer service-oriented approach, including flexibility, and collaboration
- High degree of discretion and professionalism
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to all levels of staff and management
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.