Human Resources Support Assistant, Non-Exempt (Adminstrative Support Assistant II) (3620)
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Salary Range and Max Salary
The application deadline is Monday, December 9, 2019.
The salary range for this classification is: $2,600 - $3,829 monthly.
The department maximum salary is: $2,800 monthly.
Placement within the salary range is commensurate with experience.
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Campus Marketing Statement
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Department Marketing Statement
Department: Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management is a department unit which develops, coordinates, evaluates and implements effective human resources management programs, projects, and services designed to enhance the management of the university's human resources in the area of classification, recruitment and selection, employee relations, benefits, workers' compensation, training and career development, unemployment compensation and salary administration.
Under general supervision of the Employment Manager, the Human Resources Support Assistant provides coordination of the clerical and administrative support functions for Human Resources Management (HRM). The incumbent provides high quality customer service to employees and/or vistors requesting assistance. The incumbent provides timely and accurate information to customers, and also provides cross-functional administrative support to other areas of HRM as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Bachelors degree with a major in public administration, business administration, human resources, or closely related field is preferred.
Some experience in a Human Resources office environment, equivalent to two years.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of Human Resources policies, and procedures;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Thorough knowledge of office systems
- Use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages;
- Identify and solve standard Human Resources problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff; multi-task and prioritize assignments;
- Work with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problems solving and effective interpersonal skills;
- Work relatively independently with general instructions, except for new assignments. Accountability is usually limited to own work assignments;
- Address practical, and suggest adaptive procedures to meet new needs in customer satisfaction;
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects;
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence
- Experience with a document imaging system;
- Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating information, instructions, and procedures.
70% - Coordination of the clerical and administrative support functions of Human Resources Management (HRM).
- Provides front counter support by answering questions about HR policies and procedures; on-boarding for employees
- Reviews correspondence and other documents for completeness and accuracy, distributes, copies, scans, and files documents as requested
- Assists with the compliance of the Separation Checklist by collecting items assigned to employees who are leaving the University
- Coordinates, prioritizes, and monitors various HRM logs
- Provides lead work direction, training, and coordinates work activities of Student Assistants, as needed
- Prepares New Employee Orientation materials
25% - Cross functional support
- Receives and prepares initial injury paperwork and informs injured employees on procedures, ensures documents are completed and accurate
- Reviews Classification/Compensation action forms, creates files, tracks and provides weekly status reports
- Assists with conducting salary surveys
5% - Other duties as assigned
How To Apply
To apply for this posting, please visit: https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/
Step 1: Select and read the qualifications for the position you are interested in
Step 2: Click 'Apply Now' at the bottom of the screen
Step 3: Login or Register (Create Username and Password)
Step 4: Select apply with or without resume
Step 5: Provide contact information and answer required questions
Step 6: Click 'Submit'
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is an equal employment opportunity employer, and is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. The University actively encourages applications of all qualified individuals.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or definition of these terms please visit, http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/Supplement_English.pdf
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771 or the Academic Affairs Personnel Services Office at (310) 243-3766.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at http://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/dhpd.htm, or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639.
Upon appointment all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9
Closing Date/Time: December 9, 2019