Human Resources Technician
The Human Resources Technician will perform a variety of routine technical and clerical duties involved in supporting the Human Resources Department including the areas of safety, training, recruitment, payroll administration, and data entry management duties. The selected candidate will support a wide variety of highly confidential administrative functions, maintain personnel records, and provide information and assistance to Authority employees and the general public regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures.
Immediate Impact: The successful candidate will be given the following objectives upon hire:
• Within the first 3 months, learn District policies and procedures necessary to answer general personnel questions, including how to respond to employee inquiries, candidate inquiries, and other critical tasks.
• Within the first 3 months, demonstrate ability to perform a variety of general clerical and administrative support tasks for the Human Resources Department.
• Within the first 3 months, assume responsibility for payroll-related human resources functions, prepare and distribute payroll related reports, and prepare, process, and reconcile payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
• Within the first 6 months, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of records management requirements, such as employee records, employee evaluations, and payroll records.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Is an effective communicator, with the ability to interact with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism, while interacting with a wide range of audiences.
• Will maintain the highest standards of confidentiality at all times.
• Is highly organized, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities, to meet department objectives.
• Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards of the District and applicable laws and regulations.
• Is enthusiastic and dependable, with the ability to work well under pressure, all while maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
• Is a dynamic thinker, who displays initiative and creativity on their work.
• Has an education equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade supplemented by specialized human resources management, business administration, or general office coursework or continuing education.
• Possesses 2 years of increasingly responsible routine administrative, secretarial, and office support experience including one year in a human resources program.
Closing Date/Time: 5/29/2020 4:30 PM Pacific