Human Resources Technician (Part-Time)
THIS JOB POSTING IS OPEN TO TH E FIRST 200 QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND WILL CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE ONCE THE NUMBER OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS HAS BEEN REACHED
The City of Henderson is excited to announce an examination to create a Consideration for Hire list to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Human Resources Technician (Part-Time) in the Department of Human Resources. The Consideration for Hire list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, provides clerical and technical support in one or more functional areas of Human Resources; provides customer service and assistance to City employees and the general public; and performs related duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will possess experience with the following:
- Human Resources
- Office practices including: records retention, filing, and data entry
- Skill and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications
- This position is PERS-eligible (Public Employees' Retirement System)
- This position is not eligible for any benefits or wage increases
- This position will work flexible hours, but will not exceed 29 hours per week
Click here to familiarize yourself with the position and its physical requirements.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Three (3) years of full time equivalent office administrative and customer service experience, including experience working with an enterprise software system
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Sufficient keyboarding skills of 35 net words per minute
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment
- Desirable: Experience working in an administrative role in Human Resources
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
3) Attached Cover Letter
4) Attached Resume
(Please attach your cover letter and resume to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions)
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%) - Monday, May 17, 2021
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Wednesday , May 19, 2021
(Top Scoring Candidates)
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system.
Please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: 5/10/2021 3:00 PM Pacific