Human Services Supervisor 3 – Human Resources Director
Job Class: Human Services Supervisor 3
Working Title: Human Resources Director
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/19/2021
- Closing Date: 12/09/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Confidential
- Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / Human Res DCT Leads
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: 15%
- Salary Range: $32.46 - $46.76/hourly; $67,776 - $97,634/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Confidential/Unrep
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This posting will be used to fill multiple vacancies
As a Direct Care & Treatment (DCT) HR Director you will lead and manage HR functions and participate with the DCT business lines, as part of their leadership teams, in strategic planning, program evaluation and consultation in the areas of recruiting, staffing, organizational analysis, compensation assessment and operations management. You will also serve as a member of HR leadership team for DHS and DCT.
In this position you will partner with DCT leadership, managers, supervisors and staff, bargaining unit representatives, and external stakeholders in all facets of HR. You will work to support the mission, core values and beliefs of Department of Human Services (DHS), as well as the agency and DCT strategic plan
- Supervise and direct staff in the daily operation of the assigned HR area, ensuring that services (labor relations, staffing, performance management, leave management and transactions) are efficient and effectively delivered.
- Lead and implement HR programs and services for the assigned business line so that talent acquisition, deployment, professional development, performance management, and quality of staff and personnel services reflect and support the missions and core values of DHS and DCT and result in greater individual and program efficiencies, effectiveness, and employee satisfaction.
- Lead and implement full-cycle recruitment processes and strategies that strengthen the ability of the agency to attract, assess, select, onboard, and retain best-in-class talent.
- Manage labor relations activities so that effective working relationships between management and labor are established and maintained; conduct Agency or division-wide activities as requested.
Demonstrated leadership experience. Leadership experience can include:
- Experience as a supervisor, lead worker, team lead, project lead;
- Completion of a State of Minnesota leadership program (e.g. ELI, L4);
- A paid/unpaid position leading a program or chairing a committee (e.g. ERG) - Experience must include:
- 1+ year of experience identifying issues, goals and strategic actions
- 100+ hours per year time commitment
4 years of specialized professional work experience in the following; labor relations, performance management, talent acquisition or staffing.
Experience must demonstrate:
- Training, advising, consulting, facilitating and instructing others in the areas of labor relations and collective bargaining agreement interpretation, performance management, staffing/recruitment
- Knowledge of and experience with the collective bargaining process and administration of the contracts, consultation to management on performance management and staff utilization matters, and utilizing effective recruiting methods for increasing public awareness using a variety of media
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR policies, regulations and laws and the ability to understand the application of technology to fulfill the duties as assigned
- Relationship-driven approach to building and sustaining a network of positive connections
- Must have a valid driver's license to have the ability to travel within Minnesota
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field may substitute for 1 year of experience.
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
- Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It also includes contact with the applicant's former employer(s).
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Melissa Gresczyk at email@example.com
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Liz Mack at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.