Intern – Human Resources / Technologist
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
About the Position
Provides entry level technical support to the variety of software applications that are managed by the Human Resources Department. This position is part time, up to 20 hours per week.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Drug Testing
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
Education and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled or recently graduated within a year from an accredited college or university degree program in a field related to the department in which assigned.
- Preferences may vary depending on job assignment.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Depending on assignment, must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/section assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Provides first line technical support for PC-based applications.
- Acts as first contact to troubleshoot technical questions and issues.
- Develops solutions using Microsoft Office products, databases and other technologies, as applicable.
- Updates inventory databases as changes are completed.
- Provides hardware and software installations.
- Communicates with City employees, management and public officials in order to research administrative or operational problem areas, conduct surveys and report recommendations and results.
- Collects, assembles and analyzes data to assist in resolving procedural, operational and other work-related problems.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal City office environment.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 6/15/2021 11:59 PM Arizona