Management Analyst II
Position Description An Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
Invites your interest for the position of
MANAGEMENT ANALYST II
Open Date: April 5, 2021
Final Filing Date: May 5, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Monterey County Health Department is seeking motivated individuals to fill current vacancies for the position of Management Analyst II in the Behavioral Health and Public Health Bureaus.
Behavioral Health: The Management Analyst II is responsible for developing contracts and monitoring effectiveness; recommends and implements operational and programmatic changes. Reviews projects and explores financial leveraging opportunities, provides high level administrative support to Deputy Directors and Service Managers assigned to provide services in various program initiatives. Assignments also include preparing grant funding applications and annual reports. The MA II participates on local and regional committees to ensure appropriate planning and implementation of current and future services. The position utilizes data and other relevant information to assist in program planning and will also develop recommendations for budget, staffing and program activities in assigned areas.
Public Health: The Management Analyst II position develops, prepares, and monitors contracts for the Public Health Bureau, as well as prepares Board of Supervisor reports. This position coordinates with County Counsel, Contracts and Purchasing, Fiscal, and Human Resources staff, as well as with Public Health program managers and administration. The position supervises support staff and will works closely with vendors and subcontractors. The position also interprets and analyze County and Department policies and oversees special projects within the Public Health Bureau.
This classification is part of a flexible series. Incumbents appointed at the lower level of the career series may be promoted up to the higher level of the career series subject to their meeting the employment standards for the higher class and a recommendation for their promotion by the appointing authority in accordance with the Flexible Staffing Program and Guidelines.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies on a regular full-time, part-time, or temporary basis County-wide.
Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Principles and mathematical and statistical analysis, preparation, and presentation.
- Research techniques.
- Principles and practices of public and/or business administration.
- Report writing
- Internal and external operations, functions and resources related to the assignment.
- Principles and practices of management and supervision.
- Analyze and interpret a wide variety of complex data and information.
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth research.
- Identify issues, options and projected outcomes and make recommendations.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports.
- Interpret and apply codes, regulations, laws, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate a wide variety of activities.
- Work Independently and in a timely fashion.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Provide direction to others on projects and activities.
- Supervise support and technical staff.
- Work cooperatively and tactfully with others.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Personable and collegial; open and adaptable
- Adherence to stringent timelines
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Examples of Experience/Education/Training EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. Typical ways to acquire the required knowledges and skills are listed below.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, social services, political science, education, or a related field.
Experience: One year of experience performing administrative analytical duties in a position equivalent to the Monterey County classification of Management Analyst I
Four years progressively responsible experience in positions requiring administrative analysis, training, report writing and/or interpreting complex governmental regulations are example of typical alternatives to education.
Additionally, two years of successful post-graduate experience is an example of a typical alternative to the experience requirement.
Required Conditions of Employment:
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during times of disaster or emergency.
- Successfully pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority with the ability to be bonded. The Health Department will conduct thorough background and reference checks which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check. The Applicant will be required to execute a consent and waiver for the background investigation.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
For a complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at:
Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES TO APPLY : Submit the following to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906 by the Final Filing Date: May 5, 2021 :
- Monterey County Employment Application form
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions
Or a pply on-line at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty
Resumes may be submitted in addition to, but will not be accepted in lieu of, required application materials .
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4519.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly, and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed below.
The County offers an excellent benefits package (X Bargaining Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution prevails over this listing.
See http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=62270 for more information (X Bargaining Unit Benefit Summary Sheet.)
Monterey County is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. The County seeks candidates who can make contributions in an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity. Monterey County provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Human Resources Analyst at (831) 755-4946.
Monterey County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Closing Date/Time: 5/5/2021 11:59 PM Pacific