Principal Office & Administrative Specialist
- High School Diploma/GED and two years of related office and administrative experience. Training/education may be substituted for some of the years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse team of people
About the Job
DPS Front Lobby 35%
- Provide customer service at the DPS front lobby, including answering the phone and routing calls.
- Act as first contact for those needing to file a police report.
Card Access Support 35%
- Provide basic troubleshooting for Card Access general information line.
- Enter work orders for Card Access.
- Assist Card Access with locking/un-locking doors and setting up event access.
- Prepare and send requested card access audit reports to departments.
DPS Administration 25%
- General administrative duties such a manage department mail and forms.
- Prepare department reimbursements through Chrome River. These include annual uniform reimbursements for police officers and any other reimbursements.
- Support DPS staff on special projects.
Other duties as assigned 5%
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.