Candidates must have completed D.V.M. and/or Ph.D. degrees by start date and should be able to demonstrate experience on veterinary public health research and outreach. One or more years of research training. Candidates with local (Minnesota) and international experience, and that have been accredited by the ACVPM will be given preference. Strong organizational, quantitative analysis, and writing skills are necessary.
About the Job
To contribute to CAHFS leadership team through the design and implementation of research and translational research management activities (50%)
1)To coordinate activities with other leaders in CAHFS, showing flexibility to adapt to emerging needs considering the service nature of the center.
2) To effectively lead one of CAHFS programs (VPH residency or policy) including managing the various and diverse programmatic and administrative needs of the program, such as recruitment, management, and administration of VPH residents, fellows, and trainees.
To design, lead, and execute research and translational research activities on Veterinary Public Health (50%)
1) To conduct research and outreach activities, including to collect and organize data for research and outreach activities as needed, and provide technical assistance to the PI and guidance and mentorship to students, VPH residents, and trainees in CAHFS on Veterinary Public Health and One Health, including, but not limited, to zoonotic diseases and diseases with an impact on the global food security agenda.
2) To submit proposals for funding to internal and external agencies and to collaborate with the PI in the generation and testing of research hypotheses and data analysis, writing of papers, course syllabi, grants, and reports, and preparation of presentations and lectures for courses
3) To attend, participate, or present at laboratory meetings, seminars, graduate and undergraduate lectures, and conferences as needed, including the VPH resident rounds
4) To perform miscellaneous laboratory and office duties as assigned by the PI including, but not limited to, ordering supplies and reagents and help the PI in the organization and coordination of meetings and projects.
5) To maintain frequent communication with other faculty and collaborators, including State of MN agencies and MN-based companies, clinics, and stakeholders, federal and intergovernmental organizations, and if required traveling to international destinations to meet with collaborators and implement projects.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should include: (1) a cover letter and a brief (2 page max) description of envisioned focused of research and outreach activities considering CAHFS missions and needs, and a possible start date, (2) a curriculum vitae.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.