Supervising Patient Services Representative – Spanish/English Bilingual
Open Date: November 15, 2021
Final Filing Date: December 5, 2021
Exam # 21/80L04/11KK
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Monterey County Health Department, Behavioral Health Bureau is seeking candidates for the position of Supervising Patient Services Representative - Spanish/English Bilingual in the bureau's Children's System of Care, located at the Blanco Circle in Salinas. This position has the responsibility of supervising Patient Services Representatives and Medical Assistants. Patient Service Representatives engage in a variety of work related to the admission, registration, and billing of patients, overseeing and directing the daily operations of the outpatient registration system, and performing Patient Services Representative duties which include but are not limited to providing support to office staff in a Behavioral Heath Outpatient setting working with clients with a moderate to severe mental illness while continuing to provide quality customer services. Medical Assistants support psychiatric care through assisting patients in accessing their medical appointments, making follow up appointments, following up on prescriptions and monitoring vitals at the discretion of the psychiatrists.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment process will be used to fill current and future vacancies, both regular and temporary, as they arise.
Examples of Duties
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Mental health Clinic routine, organization and dynamic inter-relationships
- Medical Terminology
- Principles, practices and techniques of supervision, including work planning, scheduling, organization and direction.
- Principles, practices and techniques of personnel management, including training, performance appraisal, documentation, motivation and discipline.
- Third-party insurance procedures, rules and regulations
- Applicable State, Federal and Medi-Cal regulations and guidelines
Skill and Ability to:
- Utilize computerized electronic medical record system.
- Speak and write in both Spanish and English
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of clinic personnel, external organization and the public, sometimes under stressful circumstances.
- Plan, organize, supervise, train and motivate employees including both Patient Services Representative and Medical Assistants within parameters of job scope.
- Counsel and appraise the performance of employees.
- Exercise sound judgement in interactions with patients, their families, outside agencies and the public.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Clear and effective communicator who takes time to understand and maximize opportunities for staff strengths
- Independent Worker
- Takes initiative
- Establish and maintain a warm and caring atmosphere with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING :
The skills necessary may be acquired through various types of education, training, and/or experience, typically:
Two (2) years of experience performing duties directly related to patient registration and scheduling AND at least one year experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Required Conditions of Employment:
- The Health Department will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record or ability to provide suitable transportation approved by the appointing authority.
To view the complete job description, please visit the Monterey County website:
As a condition of employment, prospective employees may be required to submit to a background review which may include a review of information concerning present and/or prior employment, driving record, and record of any criminal convictions. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U.S.; a list of acceptable documents is available on the USCIS Form I-9. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your rate of pay will be hourly, and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed in the summary.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Apply on-line at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty by the final filing date of December 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM (PST)
Hard copy applications may be obtained from and submitted during normal business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM by contacting: Monterey County Health Department, Attn: Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906.
The selection process is tentative, and applicants will be notified if changes are made. To assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, the examination process may include an oral examination, pre-examination exercises, performance examination, and/or written examination. The competitive examination process includes submittal of required application materials. A complete application package will include:
- A completed County of Monterey Employment Application
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions
Applicants who fail to provide all required materials by the final filing deadline will not be considered.] Resumes, cover letters, letters of interest, and other correspondence will not be accepted as a substitute for required application materials. All required application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants that are determined to be the most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the selection process.
On July 30, 2021 the County of Monterey Board of Supervisors took action to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for all employees to include new hires. The vaccination requirement is in accordance with Section 25 of the County of Monterey Emergency Response Manual and COVID-19 Prevention Program Link . Applicants who accept employment with the County of Monterey, will be required to be fully vaccinated. However, individuals may request medical or religious exemptions and will be required to complete the appropriate request and certification forms for review and approval no later than their start date. Medical / Religion .
Monterey County offers an excellent benefits package. To view the F Unit Benefit Summary please visit our website https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showpublisheddocument/99624/637490872722170000 . This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) prevail over this listing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Monterey County is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. The County seeks candidates who can make contributions in an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity. Monterey County is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Ken Keir, Human Resources Analyst, at (831) 755-4502 or email@example.com.
Closing Date/Time: 12/5/2021 11:59 PM Pacific